I have been raised up in an environment surrounded by Barbies, and believe me there were a LOT of them… (ask my best/childhood friendsNicolas and Antonis poor guys)… what does that have to do with anything?! Well… since i can remember myself i had been preoccupied with dressing beautiful dolls up, taking care of their hair, fascinated by their perfection and beauty…
The truth is that i grew up at some point and realised how superficial Barbies could be… even traumatising for some little girls who didn’t really aspire to that sort of “perfection” .. nonetheless what i seem to have gained from my childhood’s ambitions was a skill to enhance, combine, style and “beautify” things around me…
so … this is i project makeover 360… where Julia, a young girl with a raw beauty wanted to take the risk and trust me to enhance what was already there… not to transform her into something she would feel uncomfortable in…
Before —> After
- 21 years old,
- you could argue she is your average tom-boy,
- strong personality
- bright, smart
- feminist (?! i always tease her about that)
- likes black and dark colours and loves the rock n’ roll attitude
- she loves how her blonde (yet damaged) hair contradict against black…
step 1: Hair
Julia has lovely long hair.. HOWEVER, the choice to die them so blonde have made it look weak and tired… and her curls look sad… !!!! What we did was to use a protective spray product to encourage repair and then used the curler/iron to fix them curls …
Step 2: The EYEBROWS …
there was some serious work needed there…! But i am happy to announce that Julia is no longer a tweezers virgin anymore.. she has now experienced the eyebrow plucking by MOI .. and hopefully with the help of ms. Emla (numbing cream) it didn’t hurt THAT bad…
Step 3: Make Up
You can’t go start putting colours and thick layers of foundation on a person who never wears make up… it would have been stupid and the person would feel ridiculous! And as i mentioned this project is about making people happy not different from what they are and represent! So deciding on make up, and facial care took as sometime!
Julia has dark circles around her eyes.. it’s mainly genetic but the lack of sleep ain’t helping either! So i advised she tried the Eye Potent Cream (benefit) every night before she sleeps to soothe those circles…!
Julia is blonde and with a fair skin… anything yellow-ish or even too dark can make her look like a ghost os simply tired and sick!
I used a “mac” blush combo on Julia to achieve a beige yet peachy on the cheeks result
For the eyes:
- covered the black circles with a rather thick concealer (benefit)
- used the bourgeois eye liner stylo for a very thin eye line
- did a very light smokey eye effect using mainly beige on the brow arch and underneath the eye to ensure that it would look bigger, alive and fresh (chanel)
- YSL (Cara’s limited edition) mascara was used to intensify the look
- finished off the look with a honey matte tone of lipstick (Mac)
Mac, YSL, Bourgeois, Benefit and Chanel products were used all throughout…
Step 4: Styling/Clothes
as already mentioned Julia is the rocker chic… thus i would never put her into feminine skirts and pastels.. at least not without adding some edgy-ness ;)
i was trying to explain that she could still be badass even without the slipknot or merlin manson tshirts and jeans… ! i mean ok they’re good and all that but a bit more “statement” had to be made…
I chose for her:
- a pair of leather leggings,
-that were combined with one of those t-shirts she likes so much, but the T, had to be a bit more loose and with a wider neck-cut to show that little neck of hers…
- to make this into a statement outfit, i added on top of the T a large boyfriend/oversized shirt in a light blue (almost denim like) colour.
- on top of it all OF COURSE there had to be a blazer!!!!! and this blazer wasn’t any regular.. it was Black and it was velour, soft, classy and still edgy…
- finally she get to wear her trainers at the bottom and still rock it ;)
Julia left from my place happy… beautiful and still herself… and she knows i’m here for her if she needs advice ;)
What do you think?! do YOU want to be the next one?!
contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org